Thread: Radiator
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2010, 07:13   #6
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
I'm sure there are threads out there about a leaking radiator already but I have questions to ask and little time to do it, (Although I will still write a short story)

Driving down motorway, suddenly notice heat hit the red and engine stopped giving any power (Not great in the outside lane)

Pull over, give it a minute to cool down and then drive to the next service station.

There was NO water in the radiator (Or very little, as I was putting water in it seemed endless) it appears I have had a leak for some time now which has only just got serious, so I topped it up and it got me home fine, woke up this morning and found that there was a small puddle underneith my car, which means it is leaking a lot more quickly now.

I put some radweld into it earlier, followed the instructions and when I parked outside college a minute ago I noticed dripping just by the front left tyre, I am wondering if this would be direct from the radiator or if its possible that it dripped onto a ledge and then when i stopped lots fell off?

The engine bay seems to be wet almost all over and I thought the leak was from the middle but could be wrong.

So, how much does a new radiator cost inc installation?
have any of you tried radweld and is it any good?
Whats a good way of testing if there is a leak? (I am planning to wait until later when the car is cooled, top it up and wait to see if there is any change without driving it)

Im sure there are more questions but I am very pushed for time,

Thank you all for any advice you can give.

Joseph.

you need to check all the hoses and the water pump casing and anything connecting the hose`s ,look for stianing at the joints.