View Single Post
Old 17th May 2019, 10:06   #44
Rickoshea
Loves to post

Jaguar I Pace

Well a lot of criticism is those buying new cars so as someone whose last 9 cars have been bought new, I feel the need to support this position. The most important point is those of us who do buy new are the source of secondhand cars that most on here want - so like to think I am subsidising you lot and would expect some gratitude at my generosity (joke!)

The depreciation on a car is dependant on how long you hold it. We kept out MGF for 16 years so suffered depreciation of £1.3k p.a. - not too bad. We had our 75 estate for 11 years so depreciation of £2.3k p.a. - again something I can live with. We are trading in our 328i estate after 6 years and this will show a depreciation of £4.3k p.a. once we trade it in for a new I Pace.

I REALLY like to be able to spec the car to my exact requirements and am happy to pay for this privilege! Had amusing discussions with the BMW salesman who kept suggesting options because they were valued by secondhand buyers. I told him I was buying the car for me (and her!) and did not care a jot as to the next owner's requirements.

We are getting an electric car because I suspect the next set of wheels will be a mobility scooter and what better way to prepare? - coming in July - can't wait