View Single Post
Old 8th March 2019, 15:43   #1
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Default Insurance killed off dreams of getting back into a 75

I have been very interested in a very very nice 75 to use as a third car so before buying went looking for insurance asking for a classic quote. No chance now unless, with some companies its 1999 or older, and others not a hope unless older than 1995. Peter Best say 1995 on anything unless its an MG then they suggest any ZT can be covered by a classic policy. My quote for a 2002 V6 2.5 Connie £1800.00. They said because its parked initially on the drive until I get a garage sorted and a Bradford post code. This is with no NCB on a normal car policy.

Adrian Flux the same, cannot cover it as a classic but with a mirrored full NCB off my Volvo £634.00. My ZTT insured with them two years ago was £330.00 as my main car. In comparison my Volvo V50 comes in at £317.00 with full NCB.

I know that I could get a much lower quote if I was looking to use it as my main car and the only answer would be to sell the Volvo and use the Rover as my first car but I don't want to do this, the Rover is just too nice.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote