View Single Post
Old 18th November 2019, 10:19   #17
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
I suppose you use new bolts each time too Simon?, I know I do, and I have the necessary crowfoot adaptor to allow for the application of the correct torque, and also calculate the allowances for not being perpendicular to the bolt

By the way, and this is for Simon the OP benefit, the torque wrench setting for the caliper carrier to trailing arm bolts is 64Nm, and the caliper carrier to hub refers to the front brake caliper carrier, and is 100Nm.

A 13mm crows foot works fine Brian - it gives enough room (before the caliper body goes on).

Yes, I've used new bolts & guide pins, and everything else* is new except the caliper & carrier castings (I had them blasted) - new seals, pistons, springs etc. All the other rear end refurb bolts are new too.

Thanks for the clarification on the 64/100 Nm thing on p06-27. I thought that might be it.

* Forgot, the only other thing that's not new is the pad wear cable. Those two unprotected wires going in to the connector always look dodgy to me - in fact they've both broken on the front cable. The replacement has just the same weak point (2nd pic is an unopened SOM100030).

Blink is offline   Reply With Quote