View Single Post
Old 13th November 2021, 09:03   #13
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJ View Post
Actually only a fiver off of £35k. It's been for sale for 13 years to my knowledge, but recently increased in price from £29k. Would probably need a fairly costly "recommissioning" too, knowing how much ZT 260's and 75 V8's hate even a winter "hibernation", let alone 16 years.

Then there is the colour ...

One did sell at auction for £19,244 recently with just 2,500 miles on the clock, in the same colour (the seller would have got about 4k less). That gives you some idea of the depreciation rate of your 35k if you were to drive it!

Surely this car is not for the ordinary buyer wishing to drive a nice V8. It has rarity value which only a collector would recognise. I suspect it is targeted at such a potential buyer. Whether such a buyer exists, who knows?

Personally, I love the colour - Platinum Gold is my favourite for a 75.

I would love a V8 but would only spend £30k+ on a car if I had won this amount or my shares doubled in price etc. Then I would buy this https://www.westwelljones.co.uk/vehi...7-de266a7890ae as my interest is in driving rather than collecting.

I do feel that it would be a shame if this one-off 75 V8 was not aimed at an exclusive buyer with a price to match its exclusivity and I feel that the seller has got it right.

Last edited by MSS; 13th November 2021 at 11:27..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote