View Single Post
Old 13th July 2019, 14:02   #9
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
All manufacturers pay for warranty repairs including labour. The labour would be at a reduced rate to retail but still chargeable as every job has a ‘standard time’ If you spent 6 hours rebuilding a gearbox and the standard time is 3.5 then that’s what you get. Manufacturers get quoted for not paying for diagnostic work but it’s a myth, Hyundai certainly do pay for time as well as parts. Regardless of where our car came from the warranty is network wide. I have my opinions why the non selling dealers won’t do warranty work but that’s just my opinion and may be incorrect.
I was told that Hyundai didn't pay labour by the dealers service manager when having problems getting things sorted out on mine. It was always nothings wrong because nothing shows up on the computers until it was taken in on the back of an RAC transporter broken down. Then suddenly the fault was there and fixed. Asked why I had to wait until it failed before it was fixed and why couldn't they investigate it before failure, they told me "Hyundai do not pay us for any labour they just supply the parts. If we cannot show a fault on the read outs then they will not send the parts".

If they were lying to me then again it just goes to show that Hyundai dealers just cannot be trusted and are useless at sorting out and fixing faults.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote