Old 29th April 2016, 15:48   #19
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default Fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimpak View Post
I can not understand the fight, no one forces to use TOAF....
Personally I couldn't care less if anybody uses or buys Toaf. Yes I have a T4 but I am no part of any supposed cartel!

However, you are clearly promoting your product ( and that is what it is as you have to pay for certain functions I believe)

You are not paying traders fee. You are not entitled to do this unless you do. It is worth pointing out again that basic traders fees on here are less than £3 per week. I pay, lots of others pay. The rules are clear. Either pay the traders fee like everyone else or stop posting about it. That is what the argument is as far as I can see.

I have the T4 so that I can find faults on the cars that I am working on. If someone wants to use a traders T4 They do charge a fee. Not a lot of money often free or reduced. The fee is to pay for the cost of their T4 machine, what they know about the cars and time.
It is also worth noting that folk that are experienced with the cars and the results from T4 sessions often know what is causing the fault to be shown. It is often not simple and not obvious. For instance it is OK knowing what fault code is shown but why has that happened? What is causing a part to fail? What else might be wrong? How do you get to the bit? Is there a problem changing it?
These are some obvious reasons why folk with trader status charge.

I seriously couldn't care less if anybody buys or uses Toaf but bottom line is if it is being promoted on here you need to pay a traders fee. Why can you not see this? i know some fantastic traders on here who go out of their way to help folk with advice, products, find things that other mechanics have failed to sort. All manner of things. Cossie Dunc, Trikey, Coolcat Andi Willi to name but a few. They ALL pay traders fees. Try getting the jobs they do as well done and cheaply. This stuff about traders cartels and ripping people off is a load of nonsense.

Issue -Not paying traders fees
Solution- pay them...end of arguments
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote