Thread: Cyclops!
View Single Post
Old 8th July 2020, 15:43   #11
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Hmm, anyway.

I cycle as much as I can to and from work; I don't particularly like it because there are so many plonkers driving cars who cannot judge distances. They hover around like idiots just behind the cyclist, then veer onto the other side of the road, even causing other vehicles to swerve. How they can ever park in a car park, I do not know.

There are some stupid cyclists out there, but cycling is an introduction to road use and roadcraft, which hopefully will benefit a lot of people later in life, or when they get their licence back.

There are many times as a thinking cyclist when the provided markings and control are unnecessary and hinder progress, and are a waste of money. My local Borough created a massive cycle path on a road little used by cyclists and it must have cost a fortune, but the fact that the end of that road has flooded during rain for the last twenty-five years seems to be of no importance. On the next road, they marked a cycle lane on a half mile section, on the footpath, and each junction has deep gulleys which means one has to stop each time, not too well thought out.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote