View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2020, 14:43   #7
ADO282
Banned

ROVER 75 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
As long as he if offering for free (obviously excluding parts costs) I don’t have any issues. I can do lots with these cars, including repairing, Virginising and programming the diesel ecus. But as soon as I offer to help, even if I don’t mention any sort of payment then I always receive a PM saying someone has complained about me...

Like you say people who can help are often criticised, I am one of those that can help and has the knowledge to help. But just because I don’t pay fees it meant I can get told off for offering even if I don’t ask for anything other than parts costs.

I was told that someone complained about me saying I had a VT4 in my signature and that it was removed. That’s the reason I’m annoyed about his profile saying T4 Diagnostics. If it’s one rule for one and one rule for others it’s not fair. Am I allowed to put T4 Diagnostics and Key Programming in my profile?

Probably not I'd say.........I'm reasonably handy with the spanners, but the weird and wonderful world of modern car electronics is quite frankly baffling........my idea of engine management extends to points and condensers and spark plugs, beyond that is simply a mystery.

I wouldn't let yourself get too wound up about it, as long as you are able to help others it doesn't really matter.
ADO282 is offline   Reply With Quote