Thread: "Breaker Bar"
View Single Post
Old 27th October 2021, 21:47   #13
DRWMGTF
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur, Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
I'm assuming it's for 1/2" drive sockets?

Not 3/4" or 3/8".

Now, getting personal are you a big, strong bloke or a bit of a whip? I'm the latter being 5' 6" and 11 stone.

The reason I ask is that I find a longer bar far easier to get decent leverage.

I've got a Sealey 750mm bar (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353594200098?epid=10017004966&hash=item5253db5022: g:cTEAAOSw10dhdwjG). The downside is that you can find it's too long to get a decent amount of movement particularly if you're using 6 point sockets.

Mine has a "soft grip" handle which, in hindsight, I wouldn't bother with because if you get something stupidly tight you can't slide a scaffold tube over it for even more leverage.

Hope that helps.
Evening Andy,
Thanks for your thoughts.
I really need to sort out what size of drive would be best for my socket set(s).

"Now, getting personal are you a big, strong bloke or a bit of a whip? I'm the latter being 5' 6" and 11 stone."

That made me laugh....I think its more down to age "69"....use it or lose it.....and I think I've lost it....or almost lost it.

As regards size 5' 8" and a bit and a bit (one of my brothers was in his words 5' 8" and a bit and I was slightly bigger than him, hence a bit and a bit!) and about 12 1/2 stone.

Anyway getting back to breaker bars, thanks for your help.
Regards David
DRWMGTF is offline   Reply With Quote