View Single Post
Old 20th June 2019, 09:00   #1
HJW_NI

MG ZT

Default Facelift ZT Saloon Boot Lip Spoiler-Suitable Replacement for Adhesive Tape

Hi all,

I have been root causing an issue with my number plate illumination lamps, I will need to remove the PCB assembly from the rear of the car and repair the PCB (actually I will likely just replace the PCB with wires and solder directly to the bulb holders).

The lip spoiler is held on with the 4 bolts plus additional double sided tape/adhesive strips. I want to ask the group does anyone have any recommendations for what type of tape would be good for replacing this? And where to get it?

Would the type of strip folks use for sticking on number plates do the job here, or would I need something a bit more industrial strength? If I can help it, I don't want to remove the spoiler fully until I have everything I need for putting it all back together again, so I have to admit I haven't had a good look at the tape that is there already.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks all for reading.
Regards,
HW

p.s. First time posting a question to the technical forum, so hopefully I've remembered to include all the details here.
HJW_NI is offline   Reply With Quote