View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2019, 03:55   #13
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennine View Post
I think, it is what it is. I'm not for a moment suggesting any steps should be taken to address it. Just me allowing my grumpy side to vent. I think sometimes I am too deeply rooted in the past when manners and common decency were drummed into me and became second nature.
Last week an elderly lady was standing in the road on our high street. She was on a stick with a shopping bag and holding her purse open. I enquired if she was ok or needed help. She turned to me and very sharply exclaimed that she did not need help and was checking something in her purse. I replied that seeing her on a stick standing in the traffic I assumed she was in trouble. "I'VE HAD THS STICK FOR YEARS" was the terse retort. For a moment, and just a moment I really wanted to take her stick and break it in half. That's really not me but sometimes.........
She may not “have been well” - our friends mum has dementia and is hard of heahearing. Go to help her sometimes and her reaction can be quite vicious.

You did the right thing - a kind act - some people don’t deserve such kindness and others are incapable of seeing your actions for what they are - genuine concern and kindness.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote