Thread: Powerflow
View Single Post
Old 26th June 2020, 16:36   #3
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

before i went to have the stainless exhaust fitted i have to confess i was more than wary of the type of fitter i would get. so armed with tools and spare parts (in case a major catastophe happened i took new downpipe studs, gasket /rubbers and engine to exhaust bracket ) all was fine thankfully. the guy was early fifties and i could see everything he did on the car up on the ramp. after i had explained to him my requirements and picked a double tailpipe from the options i watched him. it was a pleasure to watch a man who was experienced and meticulous in all he did. he did the job in total on his own measuring pipe lengths /bending cropping/buffing and welding all after checking dimentions two or three times first. he even put a spirit level on the exhaust tips before tacking and welding to my instructions to leave clearance both at the sides of the tailpipes to metal frame of the bumper cutout finisher.and also the lenghth of protrusion i asked for to avoid heat on the bumper. he even removed the cat part aftermarket brackets from my aftermarket front section and fitted my new double horseshoe bracket to the engine before making two new brackets and welding them to the old pipes for me. i was pleased with this as every one ive had before NEVER lined up with the brackets on the horseshoe bracket and always put the bracket under stress from day one i think thats why they probably break.he finally invited me under for an inspection (covid safe) to check everything. im not in anyway trying to drum up business for these people and im not connected in any way but what a nice thing to see these days someone doing a job properly and with heart and pride instead of a young man who does not give a tinkers for you or anything or anyone. was a pleasure to watch and i told him so. .... ah the good old days !
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote