View Single Post
Old 27th June 2020, 11:34   #5
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
had the kv6 around 10 years now. over this time i have changed downpipes and cat twice , centre sections twice , and rear backbox 4 times. having just changed the front section and cat only last year i decided to have the cat back section fitted in stainless. went to powerflow in leicester and im happy to say they did a good job. noise is about the same as before as i asked for a "quiet" exhaust system and to be honest its not too bad at all but i dont think it will ever be as good as the original clamshell box sound of old that it had. overall im glad its done now. when i think of how much time and money i have spent i wonder why i didnt do it years ago. £ 399 was pretty reasonable and 2 hrs waiting on site (outside). all my previous exhausts /box cats etc were all done by me outside / on the main road under jackstands in all weathers so for me at 70 yrs age its a good move !! not all of you will bother doing jobs like this under the car but people like marinabrian will know exactly what i mean.: ..... im sure. !
I remember those days of under the car yourself to save money and make sure the job was done properly. It was my downfall in 1974. I put two new exhaust pipes and silencers on my Daimler V8 in the road because the front garden had only a line of slabs and they were on a sloping garden. For my efforts I got double pneumonia. Not very nice.