View Single Post
Old 14th September 2019, 20:05   #1
JohnnyBG
Avid contributor

ZT-T

Default High Pressure Diesel Pump 75 CDTi Tourer Conn 2004

Hi, I'm listed as a a newbie, but was on this forum a few years ago with the 75 for general information but never subscribed. Think I'll have to now as no plans to sell the 75. Also previously had a 214 and loved Dad's 110.

I've just shelled out over £1k to get the 75 back through an MoT after leaving it in a friend's garage compound for 2+ years. All new brake pipes, discs, ABS sensor - loads of stuff but I love the car. Forking out £150 on a comprehensive valet to, but don't tell my wife.

The HPP isn't leaking at the moment, but will as soon as I start using it much as that's why I took it off the road, the puddle underneath. I was skint then and will be again soon at this rate After reading through the threads on here I reckon to do the job myself. I've dismantled and rebuilt engines and vintage motorcycle gearboxes before they've worked fine.

I'll buy the special tool and sell on after (although mechanic reckons to have done Td4's with a couple of tie wraps). I have trolley jack, blocks of wood for the top of trolley jack, axle stands and all the other paraphenalia.

The question is, to minimise down time, I was thinking of buying a pump off Fleabay or such and replacing the seals so I do a straight swap. Then replace the seals on what I know is my working but at the moment leaky pump and sell on in good faith to someone.

What do you think of it for an idea; please don't all say rubbish at once.

Cheers

John
JohnnyBG is offline   Reply With Quote