View Single Post
Old 7th December 2020, 16:44   #38
rovertone
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Conne SE Auto CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf Best View Post
That is the first time I've seen anyone independently quote dynamometer figures Tony, so if you enter your 130BHP at the wheel figure into this online calculator I've just found and enter the options of FWD automatic, then a flywheel figure of 159BHP comes out, and for a manual car 156BHP

Anyone can try it, the link is here

LINK

The disclaimer does say it is a guesstimate, but the calculations must have been derived from something tangible

Alf
Alf, IIRC the dyno operator said the transmission loss would be about 15 - 20% which stacks up somewhere near.
Unfortunately I didnt get a graph as the printer was out of action but I wasn't too fussed because I was chasing a more specific issue. The dyno owner seemed pretty clued up, he had been doing development work for a motor manufacturer which I think was MG who were local and assembling cars at that time.
Also I can't say what state of tune the car was in, I always keep my cars well serviced but didn't freshly service it especially.
Tony
Also 2004 Rover 25 SXi CVT, 1999 Megane Cabriolet and still missing my 800 Fastback
rovertone is offline   Reply With Quote