Thread: Tier 4
View Single Post
Old 1st January 2021, 09:07   #29
Caulkhead
Avid contributor

Rover75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
I didn't wear a mask when I withdrew money from the bank to buy the wife's new car yesterday.

Because......

A. I was the only customer in the branch

B. the Teller was behind a glass screen

C. I felt uncomfortable wearing a mask in a branch of a bank when withdrawing a considerable sum of money.

D. there was at no time any risk to any person whatsoever, especially when you bear in mind the text result of the latest Covid test carried out the previous day

And there you have it

Brian
Always listen to any of your brilliant advice to keep my 75 on the road, I am in awe of your knowledge, experience and determination to offer help. I was very sad when you retired, and delighted when you were back offering 75 advice.

As for this post, and others you have made recently about Covid, Well, while respecting your right to hold views and express them, I find that the experience of my friends and family leads me to very very different conclusions to many you appear to have reached.

I have friends who have fantastic children working for the NHS, they include paramedics, nurses and administrators, they are brave, resilient and determined to do everything they can to care for their patients, they are exhausted, some have been through Covid themselves, one has died, whilst you report that your local hospital is doing well, others are not, and I hope your hospital continues to cope, but it will only do so if people do all they can to stop the transmission, hands, face, space seems to be the best advice, or do you have better recommendations?

I would like to ask if you would have worn a mask if there had been another customer, or would have gone into the bank if there had been other customers not wearing masks?

Do you not think that the bank should have refused to serve you? I disagree with much of the “advice” from experts and ministers, but never break the law deliberately or knowingly.

If I had come into the bank and challenged you, how would you have responded?

I have my tin hat on awaiting responses, take care and stay safe.
Caulkhead is offline   Reply With Quote