View Single Post
Old 25th May 2021, 14:21   #1
Tourist
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Default Anyone able to help with front control arm replacement near Cambridge?

Hello everyone,

I've not been online for a while (actually a really long time!) as the Rover has been an absolute joy to drive and has been totally reliable, just tipping over 100,000 miles a little while ago

It had its MoT today and has come back needing its front lower control arms replaced to secure a pass - I'm looking to do the job myself.

Is there anyone around here who would be able to lend me a hand to do it? Or would anyone be able to recommend a mobile mechanic around here?

The garage who MoTed the car say it's about 4 hours labour + Parts which will be around £450 minimum. That's looking like new car type of money to me!

I've seen some of the posts about it on here and it looks like the two difficulties are freeing the 150Nm bolts that hold the rear bush into place and also using a puller to free the inner balljoint. I have a three-legged puller for the latter, I hope that will do the job. I think I've got all the other tools required as well.

I've seen the various options for replacement parts, and the varying quality reported by people. DMGRS are advertising quality parts at the mo for reasonable cash:

https://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/...2500-rbx101760

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote