Thread: Key cases
View Single Post
Old 13th February 2019, 12:14   #7
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Thanks for all your helpful replies.

What was bugging me was that maybe something had snapped or was missing from the loose blade fob. Something which kept the blade in place. It wasn't until I saw the youtube video that I saw that the blade only clicks in rather than being held in by a screw or pin or something.

Seems a touch odd to me and I'm not quite sure why it would be a safety feature as I'm struggling to see how it would make anything safer in the event of an accident.

It is perfectly obvious that in time the plastic insert can well become looser especially when idiots try to prise something open with the blade.

What I didn't want to do was to go glueing something permanently in that later turns out to be a mistake when an exchange case needs to be made because the button covers have cracked for example.

Anyway I'll try either the loctite or epoxy method and it seems that the case ordering might be a bit of a lottery given what Russ has said even if ordering the other recommended case in the replies.

Holy Cr*p just seen the price for Locktite 460! Its more than the cars worth, On reflection have a go with an epoxy.

Last edited by bendrick; 13th February 2019 at 12:19..
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote