View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2016, 22:54   #14
jonc3725
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190 + and MKIV Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw View Post
The video looks very impressive!

A lot of us in the UK are very lucky in the fact that we have reasonable access to T4 facilities when required.
There must also be a very great number who do not have easy access or find that without one of the T4 operators on here within easy reach the cost is prohibitive(and in some cases the operator not so knowlegable about our cars) . For these people particularly the development of Toaf could be a real lifesaver.
This for me all day long. SW of Bristol there is little T4 assistance unless we can drive to Fareham or a garage in mid Devon that not many people use. We dont have a T4 guru down this neck of the woods who we can use at a nano meet or any other such get togethers. Also the T4 Guru's are slowly disappearing or losing interest so anybody that gives an option must be good. I am willing to pay the going the rate for a decent system that I can use at home so VT4 or P-Scan or TOAF all seem good alternatives and my favoured one will be the one thats easiest to use that gives me the most dealership option changes that it can. I am willing to pay for the software but want a product that gives me good functionality and does not leave us in SW out of this loop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prebenny View Post
Ok. So since we (basically me and Longer86) slaughtered few topics (sorry for that) I'll make this one to prevent that in future.

And since we've managed to make decent discussion I believe we'll make it right

So if You have questions about TOAF or suggestions - go at it. We will try to answer the questions and pass good ideas to Marcin Misek.
Marcin, Piotr

thanks for the opportunity to ask some questions. I have spoke by PM to you guys in the past and well done on all the work so far. I am not a T4 guru (Never seen the system to be honest) but I am frustrated at the lack of T4 capability in my area of the UK

1. Will TOAF allow ALL the dealership function changes that T4 does. If not what wont you be able to do with T4 (for example Vin and Mileage changes?).
2. What leads will be needed to connect the car OBD to the laptop
3. Will TOAF give the same dynamic monitoring functions on all the modules the same as T4
4. Will there be any safety aspects to make it difficult to brick your cars electrics (Not withstanding power failures on your laptop!).
5. Will there be any instructions with the software.
6. What is the minimum processing power needed to run this program.
7. What is the best operating system (Windows etc) for this program.
8. Will any additional discs or software be needed to run this program
9. Of particular interest for me at the moment. Can I fit an IPK dial cluster to a non IPK car with this software.

I have watched the youtube video with interest.

Thanks again for all you hard work on this and hope you can answer some of the queries we are asking.

As I have said above I am not interested in who, what, where, when, all I am interested in is using a system that gives me T4 functionality because down the SW of the UK we don't have any T4 Gurus to go too.

I hope my English makes sense to you guys in Poland becasue your English is better than my Polish

Cheers

Jon

Living the dream

MK IV VVTI Tiptronic TT Toyota Supra
MG ZT 190+
BornTuesday, 10th July 2001 @ 09:01:10
259th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
252nd ZT 190 + to be made out of 4,023
101st ZT in Solar Red (code: CEU) to be made out of 1,888
jonc3725 is offline   Reply With Quote