View Single Post
Old 15th January 2020, 06:48   #8
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPACA View Post
Hi John, just a few possibly cautionary words on switching insurance away from Churchill. My wife and I have been with them for many years now, house insurance and both 75's with us both insured on each. Every year the quote goes up, so every year I phone them and haggle it down by quoting a similar policy by any other rival on the inter-web thingy.

I truly believe in the merits of paying for a good Insurance company, and I trust Churchill implicitly. Flooded house carpet claim many years back was dealt with swiftly and efficiently. Then last month the wife was shunted up the rear thanks to a speeding BMW driver. Rear bumper smashed, written off (naturally). Hire car as per our policies. Churchill gave us well over book price and let us buy her back for ninety quid. All sorted in a few days. Then repairs done, MOT to prove road worthiness, and insurance fully reinstated and three hundred quid excess returned to wife. It was amazingly well handled.

On a previous claim some years back on my wife's Astra same thing, and they were fair and efficient. All I'm saying is in our experience not going for the cheapest quote and company, and a once yearly phone call to get the quote down has paid several times over. An excellent company, and you often only find out how good an insurance company is, when you are involved in a crash. Just thought it was worth mentioning
Agreed trying to save on insurance can be a mistake, it does not matter if the car is going to be a write off anyway but in my experience the cheaper insurance companies will try harder to reduce there pay out if the worse does happen. A few years ago I had a radio stolen from a car, the engineer came out to look over the car to I thought validate the estimate we had submitted for the damage the thieves had caused. No, he had a quick look at the inside of the car and then proceeded to look at the tyres and the general condition of the vehicle . He told me that if in ''his view'' the car was not up to MOT standard my claim would be void. . He did validate the claim but it made me think. I bet the thieves didn't check the brake lights were working when they broke in. I never used Flux insurance after that.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote