View Single Post
Old 6th May 2022, 14:58   #10
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Thanks all, I had considered my MP and possibly seeing if local press were interested in a story of public servant incompetence...

I phoned the DVLA again today, still not been updated, and apparently the way their system works means they can't possibly search manually for the request from the court and speed up the process...

I'm in 2 minds who is more to blame, the courts initially getting the paperwork wrong and requesting the record on my license number. Or the DVLA for applying it to my license number, when the name and address of the offender were different! Surely there should be someone either double checking these details at the court before they get sent off, or the DVLA dept. should be able to question the information if it's mis-matched?

Next phone call is to the courts to find out how I make a complaint about the whole situation.

I've also spoken to the local police force, who have said if I was stopped for anything and they checked and it showed I was disqualified, as long as I could show the email from the courts clearly stating it was a mistake, they wouldn't arrest me or anything. But on the other hand, they said they're not sure how it would stand should I be involved in an accident or something, and that I'd have to check with my insurer whether my insurance is still valid!
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote