View Single Post
Old 15th May 2022, 08:10   #5
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicksie View Post
Just completed a cambelt change on my 75 auto and thought members might be interested in my findings.
Thanks very much David for your very useful post. I too have the original oil cooler and recall having to disconnect it as you have described.

I agree with your warning about cheap, unbranded tooling from eBay. The kits by Laser, Sealey and Sykes Pickavant are considerably more expensive but pay in the long run.

The slack primary belt that you found could have been due to incorrect setting of the tensioner pulley. As you know, this can easily be done if the subject isn't fully researched beforehand.

By the way, when removing your rear belts, did you find that you had to remove the "flywheel" locking pin and turn the engine slightly in order to line-up the rear sprockets and fit the removal tool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicksie View Post
PS. how experts such as Tom manage the job in a shift is beyond me - This old codger took over a week!
Whilst I know that familiarity with a task enables it to be completed more quickly, as you rightly say this is a challenging procedure and no shame should be attached to taking your time. A cautious approach and attention to detail will repay you during the rest of your KV6 ownership.

Simon