View Single Post
Old 28th June 2019, 22:40   #6
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post
No it's not. The original question was what does RR stand for.

Have you got the answer? No, you haven't.
Now now. I refer my response to your post 3 which was a retorical question concerning 'why did they....'.
Regards your initial question - yes, I might have and answer for you. I would suggest the front assemblies are differentiated (i.e. in long hand) because the springs for each specific model/variant are the same right and left but the dampers are different; on the line they would be kitted/fitted and defined as unique/handed sub-assemblies. In the case of the rear assemblies the springs and dampers are identical (for each specific model/variant) so RR is factory shorthand for what are identical right Rear and left Rear sub-assemblies. Whoever set up the label print format considered it logical and adequate RR spring and RR damper.
My guess is that a LH drive model identical in all other specification respects to a RH drive model would have the front damper/spring assembly side-to-side reversed where the CI was concerned. Someone on here with more detailed knowledge might be able to confirm this fact.

Last edited by rab60bit; 28th June 2019 at 22:43..
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote