Thread: Rover MG Prices
View Single Post
Old 18th March 2020, 18:01   #9
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Most cars drop to a point where they are probably worth more as parts than as a vehicle. Eventually most will pick up to a point and some eventually go crazy. Who would have thought a few years ago an Allegro or Capri would fetch some of the prices that have been paid recently?

I was lucky to pick up my Interceptor for what was 3 months wages about 20 years ago, at one point the value was 2 years wages for most people, with things as they are now I think I would be lucky to get half of that now.

Going back to our cars, some models will always fetch a premium price but the sad thing as has been said most people think they are just '' old rovers''. The choice, buy or lease a new car that will cost you at least £200 a month or a lot more and its worth if you are lucky a third of what you have paid in 3 years. Buy the best ''old Rover'' you can find and even if you have to spend £500 a year to keep it on the road work the maths out. Yes it might not do 40mpg but the difference does not justify the extra cost in buying a new car and in truth not many of these new cars do the advertised MPG in the real world. A mate recently swapped his 6 year old car in for a new one that claimed it did 10mpg more, so far he has not even matched the old cars MPG and the dealers explanation is '' it will settle down once it has done some miles''.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote