View Single Post
Old 11th June 2019, 11:42   #9
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Herewith a list of the key policies that I would introduce in order to re-engineer society's values and individual contribution of the citizens.

1. All citizens over the age of 16, other than those medically declared as unable to work or those in formal education, will be expected to work for a living and be given 37 hours of work per week.

2. All paid work will attract a minimum living wage - circa £20k today.

3. Those incapable of working will also receive a living wage.

4. There will be an earnings cap of 5 times the living wage above which tax and NI will be levied at 100% of earnings (all earnings including dividends, interest, property etc.)

5. Pensions will be means tested, start at the age of 70 and effectively reduce with time.

6. Care for the elderly will be means tested and where appropriate state provided at a basic level.

7. Provision of NHS services will be prioritised for the 10 to 50 year olds, with medical intervention for over 75's limited to managing painful conditions.

8. All citizens approaching the age of 70 will be offered the opportunity to voluntary enter into an agreement that allows a reckless lifestyle, partly funded by the state, between the ages of 70 and 77 followed by a "Logun's Run" style graceful switch-off at 77.

9. Laws of the land will be supreme. All those harming others, damaging others' property and demonstrating anti-social behaviour will be terminated using a pain-free method.

10. All those with repeat minor offences will also be terminated. e.g. termination after 6 points for traffic violations.

11. Most political insitutions e.g. local councils will be replaced with bodies of professional technocrats.

12. All technocratic institutions will be responsible to a single elected supreme council and it's expert bodies. Elections to the council will be held on the basis of candidate quality as opposed to political affiliation. Membership of the council will be considered an honour and subject to the minimum living wage.

13. Voting will be optimised to provide a maximum weighting to the wishes of citizens in the 25 to 45 age bracket. Voting age will be lowered to 16 and voting rights will be withdrawn at the age of 70.

14. The state will assume ownership of all national infrastructure.

15. Public transport will be expanded to provide a service to 80% of the population for the purpose of getting to/from work. Car use for commuting will be taxed at enhanced rates in these areas.

All other policies will in some way link to the above as guiding principles.

I am 73,thank god you are not my carer.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.