View Single Post
Old 10th August 2022, 15:15   #13829
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

Decided today was the day to start my list of front end jobs on the tourer ( N/S/F broken spring, both front brake hoses and their respective metal brake pipes.) Living with Long Covid and it's associated fatigue and other symptoms just means doing a bit at a time however the car has just stood mostly as it is too easy just to jump in the Connie and put things off.

The strut came off fighting me all the way as everything was corroded with standing through the winter . Nuts and bolts corroded down to the next socket size , lots of plus gas and it was out . Using a borrowed heavy duty spring compressor , I was then faced with a top mount that was seized on. More plus gas in the right places and I eventually drifted it off damaging the top mount but I had a good spare on the shelf in my garage so I eventually got it back together. I was thinking of bolting it back in the wheel arch just hanging on the three nuts but then noticed the steering rack gaiter has a split !

By then my energy was spent so I've just put everything back inside the car and locked up and ordered some new gaiters from DMGRS and a replacement lower pinch bolt and nut along with two new bleed nipples from Robber Bros. and it can all wait until another day.

Last edited by patrolman pete; 10th August 2022 at 15:16.. Reason: Spelling
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote