View Single Post
Old 1st March 2021, 18:38   #12424
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clickernick View Post
Well,,, as usual it gets worse,, the spring IS broken ( clanging all the way to work) which is why the rubber bush in the top mount appears to be moving up and down a lot more than the near side,, hence why the strut hit the under side of the bonnet.
So,, it’s two new springs. Two new complete top mounts and while we’re at it at 73,000 miles, most likely new struts to make it a proper 3 course meal!!!

Then there’s the issue of repairing the bonnet!!! 🧐🧐🧐

😩😩 It’s only moneyyyy!!! 😩😩
Well,,, finally got to jack her up and remove the road wheel to give it all a good coat of looking at,,, and would you believe it the spring is fully intact, no apparent damage to any components,,,,BUT,,,, i have discovered that the clown who replaced the offside spring at some point left of the bump stop cupped washer off when reassembling and the shouldered top of the strut is up within the mount rubber, this is why i now have bonnet damage!!!!!!

Rimmers have none and ebay seems devoid of the required washer.
Can anyone help me in this hour of need with an old spare or point in the direction of an alternative?? Does the Land Rover part RYK500200 fit???

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.
Clickernick is offline   Reply With Quote