View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2022, 21:28   #103
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
Other approached to traveling are possibe.

In the 1980's I used to travel to Geneva every three months for technical meetings at the ITU/CCITT. Sometimes I flew. Other times, I would drive in my Austin Montego. I used to take 3 days to get there, stopping off at various Chateau in France in order to sample the French hospitality and way of life. Looking back, I could have done the same in an EV.

Travel does not need to be rushed - it can be turned into a cultural experience. We just need to get into a different mindset.
Sorry, but I only have i.c.e. Why should I fly to Germany? I have a car I have enjoyed driving on long distances to the continent. Just fill up and go. Why should I have to hope I can get a ‘top up’ halfway to where I am going to? Not only get a top up but have to wait for a charge station to come up along my route? And then hope it either works or someone else is using it? Time will tell how good e.v’s are.Wait for a little while and see the price of e.vs go up drastically. By the way, there are loads of them waiting in fields for a buyer, just like the old days used to be. But then again, hydrogen will kill the e.v. Off.Hows that for a prophesy?