View Single Post
Old 9th April 2018, 18:10   #1
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Question Fitting alternative sport mode switch on indicator stalk - relay question?

I've now obtained a replacement indicator stalk with the trip push-button which I intend to use as an alternative to the badly-positioned snow/sport/econ switch to the left of the gear shift. I'm only interested in sport/econ as snow mode will never need a sudden response and can stay where it is. I've identified the sport/econ wires which require a momentary 12v-(neg) connection to engage. Each of the modes works on a turn-on basis only, i.e. nothing ever gets turned off apart from with the ignition. So:-
push1 - sport mode on
push2 - econ mode on
push3 - sport mode on
push4 - econ mode on

etc.

Whereas the existing switch is a momentary 3-way SP, the button switch is a momentary single throw SP. This presents the problem of engaging the modes as above and will - I think - require relay(s) to resolve.

I've never put together a flip-flop relay configuration and although I've researched it this afternoon, I can't see exactly what I need. This site has many configurations via its drop-list but nothing I can figure out as a solution.

Any suggestions please?

Dougie.
• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 137,000 miles
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote