View Single Post
Old 24th May 2018, 17:22   #7
Big.Al
Regular poster

Rover 75 Contemporary SE Tourer

I had considered other options. It only make a noise when the ac is engaged and is noise free when econ mode engaged it increases and decreases with the revs of the engine and when changing from drive to reverse (automatic) the noise disappears for a second or 2. It’s had a new cortico crankshaft pulley and a bottom tensioner (the one with the adjustment). When testing the A\C system it always passed the vac test even with a hole in the condenser. After fitting of the condenser they failed to put in the correct amount of oil twice and only put in 20ml both times, I have had them put in the correct amount today 100ml (shout out to Jules for this) but it is still making the same whining/grinding noise. My thoughts were ?compressor, ?idler tensioner, or some other rotating thingamajig.

Also on the first regas the a\c was blowing hot and the fan was running in takeoff mode (fast)then the fan would not turn off evan when econ mode was until the engine was switched off, the next regas fixed this and the A\C was blowing cold just noisy.

Anyone have any suggestion before splashing out.

Last edited by Big.Al; 24th May 2018 at 17:31..
Big.Al is offline   Reply With Quote