View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2018, 20:24   #10
Big.Al
Regular poster

Rover 75 Contemporary SE Tourer

I had a mobile A/C technician come out as the garage i use are normally very good but I think they are too busy and rush things a little and as they had fitted a compressor already and hadn’t fixed the problem I wanted a proper diagnosis. They put the UV dye in and it lit up around the condenser. So I bought the condenser and my garage fitted it but they ran out of time to put Gas it up and I needed the car for work. So I used kiwi-fit to re-gas, whilst at work, as I thought they couldn’t muck that up. After speaking to Jules I don’t think they put in enough oil as it needs a bit more on replacement of condenser etc. I used it as it was really hot after it was gassed up by kwik-fit but it slowly started blowing hotter air and the high speed fan was on all the time, I went back to kiwi-fit after speaking to jules and they claim to have now put in the correct oil its certainly cold but there is a whining/metalic grinding when the A/C is on and goes away completely on econ mode.

So: Could it have overheated and cooked the compressor.
Does the system need to be completely flushed through incase there is some debris/etc
Also found this compressor on amazon claims to be for a LN TD4 will it fit and is it any good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/8FK-351-128...bmodelId=15429
Big.Al is offline   Reply With Quote