View Single Post
Old 7th April 2020, 09:13   #15
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post

A lot of small garages will undoubtedly struggle during this period of uncertainty, however the risks, either perceived or real to either you or the garage staff will be considerably lower than for example going to the supermarket.

We should put it into context as consumers, an MOT test takes roughly 40 minutes to complete, and shouldn't be a source of worry at all.

Brian
Well put Brian, my MOT tester for one has said since the announcement a lot of people have cancelled there booked MOT's even though he will remain open until he is told to close. A few are cars he knows that always scrape through or need some work but even some of his regulars with perfect cars have also cancelled so maybe some of it is worry about the going out.

As you say I will be getting an MOT when it is due if I can, think how busy it will be once this is all over? What will happen if you cant get an MOT if some of the garages have gone out of business and the others are booked up weeks in advance and the 6 month exemption is coming to an end?

I know we are not doing much mileage at the moment apart from the weekly gauntlet to the supermarket but say you do have an accident I wonder what the insurance company view will be if is proved that your car had a defect even if you are not at fault?

Get it MOT'd, don't take a chance it could cost you more than the test fee if it all goes wrong.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote