View Single Post
Old 16th January 2021, 21:15   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default He who hesitates is lost!

Last year I was after some Dexion 260 slotted angle. I found some but it was 230 miles away and they could not get a courier to deliver due to length and with lock down, I could not travel so I did not buy.

This week I rang again to see if the had a courier, still no but worse, they had sold 75% of what they had and I would have had all they had, 29 x 3m. I'd have it for life, never have to worry again. I bought what they had, 7 lengths for £116 inc vat and they will hold until I can collect.

Looking for another supplier, 5 lengths £150 + vat = £184 just a slight difference in price. Ebay is even more expensive. He who hesitates is lost! I hesitated and I am frustrated with myself and my wife, no cuddle for her tonight!

I should have asked last year if they would hold until I could collect, gggrrrrrr

The company I have ordered from buys in bulk and it will be a month or so before they re order, so I have a note to ring them near the end of Feb.

If the economy is shrinking and people are not spending money on all sorts of projects, why are DIY items not coming down in price, why is petrol/diesel not down in price?

Are prices down on anything? I only seem to see adverts for food where there is a price reduction.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote