View Single Post
Old 13th June 2020, 18:12   #3
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Starsan /Chemsan is what I use. I rinse everything, then wash with Oxyclen, rinse again, then finally dunk in the Chemsan and allow to drain. My red just sat there doing nothing much, so no idea if it might have been a bad kit.

My last one was the same red, the fermentation was completed in six days, and had cleared three days later, ready for bottling. It was amazingly quick. SWMBO was already drinking it the day after it was bottled, I like to wait at least a week, to allow it to mature.

The three months of lockdown would have given you time to do at least three batches of beer or wine

The big problem is bottle storage, both empty and full ones. I have around 60 wine and 40 beer bottles, but it takes up 30 to 40 bottles for each batch I make.

I was lucky when I was thinking of restarting in the hobby, I spotted an ad on Facebook for someone giving up the hobby, who was selling all their kit at a really good price - a car full for £20, a few hundred pounds worth. For just the cost of a 5gallon white wine kit, which was included in the package.

It's working out at around 80p per bottle of wine versus maybe £5 for a bottle of the cheapest supermarket wines.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote