Thread: Please help
View Single Post
Old 11th October 2014, 23:48   #1
Puresmurf

Rover 75 tourer

Default Please help

Just to start I'm no good at explaining noises but im even worse at technical things I'll try and explain as best as I can.
I have a 52 plate rover 75 tourer 2.0 cdt I've had the car since March this year and all was good with it until recently when I noticed the following

About a month ago when the air con was on occasionally I would get a whoop sound it didn't happen all the time probably ten minutes apart
Then lately my engine seems noisier than usual runs and drives fine just louder
Then a couple of days ago when full locking the steering left or right it sounds like something is rattling like a jingling sound.
And then yesterday I went out to the car and the battery was dead I charged it up full charge the car was sat overnight started fine then went to go out tonight and had battery low appear on my dashboard
I don't know if all these are related or not as I'm no good with cars

It's just had a complete oil change , oil filter change , diesel filter change , all brakes replaced

I did notice that when I full lock it left or right the engine cover vibrates more there no clunking sounds no bangs or anything it's just like a jingling sound I don't want to be throwing money at garages to diagnose what's up with it as funds are low and with Christmas coming and 2 little ones it's going to be hard enough.
Would be grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction of where to start or if anyone is local to Walsall ws5 who could take a look I'd be really grateful as I'm at a loss and I don't want to end up getting rid of the car
Puresmurf is offline   Reply With Quote