View Single Post
Old 12th October 2014, 00:23   #4
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puresmurf View Post

About a month ago when the air con was on occasionally I would get a whoop sound it didn't happen all the time probably ten minutes apart
Then lately my engine seems noisier than usual runs and drives fine just louder
ull locking the steering left or right it sounds like something is rattling liThen a couple of days ago when fke a jingling sound.
And then yesterday I went out to the car and the battery was dead I charged it up full charge the car was sat overnight started fine then went to go out tonight and had battery low appear on my dashboard
I don't know if all these are related or not as I'm no good with cars

Whooping noises - Air conditioning system low gas or compressor problem

Rattle on full lock - most likely suspension or steering related either drop links, lower arm rear bushes, track rod ends or CV joints, or if you are unlucky lower arm inner or outer ball joints.

louder - could be anything from a hole in the exhaust to the undertray fallen off,

Dead battery - battery knackered, alternator or charging problem, or possible drain on system: does your car have factory sat nav?

Nothing major and most things there are usual wear and tear items, the most expensive being alternator and suspension lower arm. If you can't do these things yourself, find someone who knows these cars (plenty of good traders on the forum here) to take a look and fix whats needed for you.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote