View Single Post
Old 7th August 2021, 16:08   #566
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool The continuation ……………..

…………………………. Pretty good for me as I had managed to walk 7.4 miles yesterday. Beat my last top score by almost two miles. And Michael had managed nearly 5 miles, his best since before his accident in last March. Not long after dinner I decided to turn in. Been a long day with mixed emotions. Went to bed at 21.30 and finally woke up at 07.30. Slept right through.

The plan for Saturday was to spend part of the morning moving stuff, and I mean stuff, around in the small box room. This is where I would be sleeping Sunday night. Laura was coming over on Sunday, ready for our early start on Monday. So was going to sleep in her bedroom, where I had been sleeping since arriving on Wednesday.
Oh! My! What a lot of papers, boxes of Michael’s various bits of paper associated with his work. He had retired 5 years ago from full time employment, but had gone back for one or two days a month. He looks after the pension side of the company business.

By the time Michael appeared I had cleared most of the space. But with his help we got the single bed into position. And now we could close the bedroom door.
Kettle on for a nice cuppa. Then what to do today? Steam railway or something else. Michael suggested that I had an easy day. What with the drive up plus the funeral then the drive out yesterday. I’m driving up to Earls Colne near Colchester Essex tomorrow then driving home on Monday.

So we decided against the steam railway but a venture up to the Green Dragon, on St.Albans Road Barnet, for a late lunch it would mean me driving, that’s fine by me as I’m staying off of the falling down water, for now.
Excellent food. Michael had the duck served with croquettes of potato’s plus veg. And I had the rib of beef with a potato rosti baby mushrooms and lemon yogurt dressing. It melted in the mouth.

Michael had the white chocolate torte served with raspberry ripple ice cream. I settled for the blood orange sorbet. Michael had a pint of Aspall’s cider and for me a pint of soda and lime. £54 well spent.
Back at the house for a easy afternoon. Apparently we are having fresh salmon for tea served with brown bread Michael’s style.

Busy day tomorrow for me. Off to visit my grandparents/uncles grave in the morning then onto to visit my god daughter.

Thanks for reading.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 7th August 2021 at 16:09.. Reason: Spillin’
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote