View Single Post
Old 30th May 2022, 10:16   #1
Rickshaw
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer, 2 X75 Saloon , MGTF Sunstorm

Smile Radiator Crumble

Time for a new Radiator and Intercooler?

Whilst accessing the Bonnet Locks on one of my diesel 75’s today I noticed that a lot of the Radiator and Intercooler mesh folds had more or less disintegrated and turned to dust or shattered pieces. Where once there was a free flow of air across/through the vanes , now there is general clogging due to the blockage by all this stuff. For various reasons I suspect this car lived quite a while near the sea eg there was far too much rust on the Slam Panel ( which have removed and rigorously treated/repainted ). The car was certainly purchased from a garage in Portsmouth – seaside.
Anyway , my reading of the condition is that I think the ‘cooling’ ability of both Radiator and Intercooler must be severely limited .I wonder whether anyone else has found a Radiator in such a state or also would agree that salt corrosion is the most likely cause?. Observations also welcome as regards my view that a full replacement is sensible.

I was thinking of a DMGRS Radiator but not sure where for a reliable Intercooler ?

This is a 2002 75 Diesel car , excellent White Gold bodywork inside/out and has only done 82K miles.

Had all underbody and Sills corrosion proofed a few years ago.

Worth bringing up to full spec – so don’t my a spend on it.

All the best.
Rickshaw is offline   Reply With Quote