View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2021, 14:53   #42
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvo View Post
I don't understand why pre April 1986 vehicles are now exempt? I presume then that these would still fail on headlamp alignment or beam pattern if they did have LED lights fitted?

I think the motor industry does seriously need to look at the regulations on LED headlights on modern cars, I think they are far too bright. 55W is the legal maximum for dipped beam, so what the equivalent of these are I don't know.

Same with LED running lights, again, there is no need for them to be so bright that you can see them from space. As far as making a vehicle more visible, I think if you're faced with wall of light then your visual perception of what might be approaching you, how far away it and and how fast it is travelling may well be reduced (add to that cyclists with 5 million watt LED lamps as well)
Prior to that date they were not required to be type approved so thats why LEDs can be used, they still have to meet the MOT rules on beam pattern, height adjustment etc, so sticking and LED bulb in a reflector could stil fail

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote