Old 22nd March 2021, 21:16   #43
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
Direct from my online testing manual.

4.1.4 Headlamps - Compliance with requirements - Changed sentence from 'Existing halogen headlamp units should not be converted to be used with HID bulbs. If such a conversion has been done, you must fail the headlamp.' to 'Existing halogen headlamp units should not be converted to be used with high intensity discharge (HID) or light emitting diode (LED) bulbs. If such a conversion has been done, you must fail the headlamp.'

So Yes it would be a fail, our VOSA guy told me a few days ago that they are going to get tough on conversions.

Hope that helps
Mick
They ought to get tough on the specification of L.E.D. and the other ridiculous headlights that are really not fit for purpose on new cars, never mind older cars.There is supposed to be a height at which a headlight can be fitted, but if you look at the latest idiot clown cars, Range Rovers in particular, it appears to me that the headlights are at the same level as my eyes when I am sitting in my car. Who has not been blinded by the new type of headlights with very wide scatter on the beams from headlights? Utterly stupid. There again, it has become a @#£& u jack society, so I suppose it’s par for the course. Been thinking of putting my old Raydnot Blue Spot spotlights on mine just to use when I am blinded by these stupid lights.