View Single Post
Old 24th April 2020, 02:34   #4
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc13661 View Post
I understand what you’re saying about the spend, but initially we thought use the van a little then get a more modern one, and we saw a few that looked fresher and brighter starting around the £2,450 mark and we re-evaluated things, this little van is solid the panels are excellent and as previously said with GRP sides you don’t get the issues of aluminium ones and the ‘seams’

The replacement of light lenses is purely cosmetic and just makes it look fresher on the outside, the replacement of the carpet for vinyl is an alternative to trying to get a 24 year old carpet looking new, if I come in on budget it will be less than £2k for a van that will last for a long time, and self satisfaction of knowing the van inside out.

I am indulging in a spend on a motor mover, but that just helps due to health etc, and I am not counting that in the budget, after all motor mover can be removed and kept/sold on if needs be.

Awning is the best bargain though. Attached picture of actual awning.

Regarding sites we have no preferences, as long as they are not all singing and dancing with club houses and kids clubs ...... old gits on site lol
The basic caravan site with shower block and green spaces would suit me and my son Keith, but the wife and daughter want,”things to do and entertainment “. I feel there may be half and half holidays coming on.