View Single Post
Old 1st November 2019, 07:52   #37
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver View Post
I turn 63 in a couple of weeks and have some of the ailments the others mentioned; Arthritis, bad knees, bad back and I have had a pacemaker since 2002. A couple of years ago I was upgraded to an implanted defibrillator. No issues with that yet and I do most of my own work on my cars.
Last visit with my cardiologist she ran the diagnostics (with a T4 sort of computer) and told me I had had an arrhythmia episode on March 8th. Curious as to what I did that day I checked the dates on the pictures in my phone and what did I see...Pictures of my changing the gearbox on my MGF!
So, last month I changed the clutch on my ZT190 but for the first time ever I paid someone else to do it for me. No sense taking chances!
I am still doing everything that doesn't involve heavy lifting though.
(Also, no welding )
after my heart attack I was a bit nervous of the speed of heart beat when jogging. At first I was not allowed to take it more then 120 bpm but then Doc's said it's not a problem, it did go up a bit after the all clear. There was talk of me being given an implanted defibrillator and that would have meant the end of motorcycling for me. I cried with relief when they said it was not needed. Love waiting for the lorry in front to clear and winding the throttle open, lower head, bend forward and hang on tight
Pocket rockets!

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote