View Single Post
Old 1st November 2019, 12:58   #40
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
glad that there are other old farts, slip of the fingers, I mean older gentlemen getting under the car, gives me confidence I will still be able to do it in a few years time.
I put carpet on the floor of the garage to lay on, warmer and softer then the concrete floor. I hope my body allows me to carry on as right now I don't want to give it up.
Digging, now that is something that does my back in.

macafee2
You would have to get your act together for me then........I have two Allotments. Couple of weeks ago I had to shift a couple of tons of manure onto my allotment from the road. Took around five hours loading the barrow up and wheeling it onto the allotment. Got to have another load for the other allotment yet. I have always had a heavy job while I worked, but for the last nearly 18 years, I have enjoyed doing what I want to do........when I want to do it............or the wife wants me to do it.
And by the way, I will be getting an extra 25 pence on my pension when I reach 80. Ideas please on what I can buy with this spectacular amount of money. Nothing extravagant mind..