View Single Post
Old 26th June 2020, 20:19   #14
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

After waiting in most of the day the key finally arrived, and so it was time to make sure it was all good.
First thing I noticed was how bmw have dropped Valeo as the blade provider. ��
Cover offf the car and try it in the door, locks and unlocks that ok, so I fit a battery and try the key in the ignition, joy of joys, it works, and a little dance around the car park to celebrate. ��
Checking the oil beforehand I was surprised just how clean it was, fuel pump fuse removed and I turned the engine over, the first time it’s moved in a little over 8 years, sounded perfectly ok, so time to plug a code reader in, 18 stored fault codes, all duplicated tho, some I expected as I had disconnected several things on the engine also I knew it was never going to fire up.

Fuel gauge indicated a full tank of fuel, again at least 8 years old, any collectors out there. ��

Drivers window mech was fitted and the glass refitted to the mech, checked it all worked ok then refitted the door card and then a quick clean up of the interior, the smell of newness is still very present in the car.

Next job will be a good clean of the exterior before I investigate as to why it broke down, looking at what the clown from the breakdown company has done leaves me speechless.

Still a few pics for you to enjoy.

I found a selection of cd’s in the changer, goodness knows what’s on the recorded ones.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Ched; 26th June 2020 at 20:24..
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote