View Single Post
Old 5th July 2020, 19:23   #15
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

Today I took the opportunity to sort the engine wiring loom out,
Once that was done I took the plugs out of the front bank to check, all looked in very good condition, however the bolts holding the later type coil packs in were missing.

A check on Rimmers for the replacement bolts brought a tear to my eye, £7.04 each...a google search came up with identical ones from an original mini parts place as 63p.

A look in my nuts and bolts tin produced 3.
Coils tightened down and a final look over the engine.
I then put a fully charged battery on and removed the main relay, then I plugged the code reader in and cleared the 18 stored faults and cranked the engine over a few times in 5 second bursts.
Main relay replaced and then I tried to start the car, no joy whatsoever.

Plugged the code reader in again and the code for the crank sensor came up, so off I go to remove it and, theres not one there, luckily I had one in the garage so that was fitted, fingers crossed , try again, nothing.
Checked to see how much if any fuel was coming from the valve, no pressure.
Then I checked every single fuse on the car and all was well so I decided to check the fuel filter, pulling that out solved nothing, it was intact and no sign of separation.
I could not hear or feel the pump prime at all so I decide to pack everything away and look for some info as to why its not working.

It didnt take long to find a comment from marinabrian as to the location of the fuel pump relay, so that will be a job for another day.

One of the 16 year old tyres decided to finally pop its clogs, the sidewall had perished to the point where it could no longer bear the weight of the car, I wonder how long before the others pop.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote