View Single Post
Old 21st December 2020, 18:40   #18
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
No point in topping it up with distilled water, it needs to be topped up with electrolyte and electrolyte of the correct gravity to match the state of charge.

If that is their attitude, then personally I would reject it, suggest they arrange for its collection and put a claim in for a refund.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discofan View Post
Its an ebay purchase, you have the might of ebay customer service behind you. Request the supplying company replace it foc, if they fail to do so open a claim with ebay, id be very surprised if you dont get your money back.
Yes I was tempted to return it and I have no doubt I would have got a full refund. At the time though I needed a working battery and not that much electrolyte had leaked out - the level now stands just a tad below the indicators, so well above the plates.

Just disappointed with their response. Have had loads of dealings on Ebay over the years and just about all of them have been positive outcomes even when things did go wrong. As far as I remember, in all those years this is only the second time I have left negative feedback.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote