View Single Post
Old 10th December 2021, 18:29   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrolman pete View Post
I've today carried out an oil service on my connie auto and an issue that I've had since I first serviced the car back nearly 4 years , is that the oil light goes off instantly even after the first start up and filter change. I have driven the car over 40,000 miles and carried out 4 oil changes. My doubting mind had me thinking that some bodger had wired up the oil light to the alternator light due to a fault with the oil pressure and part exchanged the car !

The engine is sweet and no untoward noises have been heard over the years .

My best mate came over for a coffee whilst I did the oil change and I mentioned this issue in passing and said I don't think the engine has a problem and as a mark 2 diesel owner himself said his car does the same !

My manual tourer warning light goes out once the oil filter fills up as you would expect , so does anyone else have this quirk , a bit like the brake failure warning message on cold winter start ups !
I do my own, and never noticed any difference. In my head, the oil light should not change as the oil is poured into the top and through the engine, so presure should build regardless of the amount in the filter. Could the manual engine be a little bit more gummed up slowing the flow of oil around the oilways, therefore slowing the pressure to the sensor?

The cold winter brake light warning issue is not normal, and is likely to be corrosion or moisture at the contacts (either bulb, tracks or plugs). Mine does this too, by the way, and used to be every time in winter til I cleaned up the contacts. 2 winters was fine, then last year it was intermittent. SO have left as it is for now - has only happened once so far since the cold weather kicked in.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote