View Single Post
Old 7th February 2022, 20:55   #7
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantheman View Post
Sorry for another tyre thread.
I'm looking at getting 4 new tyres 215/55x16. ATS is very convenient for me as they share a car park with my work. Blackcircles equally convenient as they use ATS. Halfords not bad as just down the road. Anything else inconvenient.

I've always bought Goodyear tyres. Tyres on the car at the moment are AutoGrip which were on it when I bought it.
I can get 4x Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 for £434 at ATS, with the current £58 off 4 promotion.
Alternatively I can get 4x Avon ZV7 for £303 from Blackcircles, with a discount for being a CSMA member.
I'm inclined to go for Goodyear as I've always had them, I think they might last longer, I've read things about ZV7s cracking and I don't know if this is sorted, and Goodyear are supposedly more efficient although I don't know if this will be evident in the real world.
But they seem to be going up by the minute and are now getting on for half as much again as the Avons.
Wonder if anyone has any thoughts on this?
Thanks
Van
Depending on price I go for either Goodyear or Dunlop. I tend to get higher mileage out of the Goodyear. I haven't found Avon to be very good for comfort. I avoid budget tyres for several reasons:

1. The braking distance is usually not as good
2. Ride quality is lower
3. They tend to be noisier
4. Economy is normally rated worse.

Nowadays when you look online every brand has to show the ratings and for my peace of mind braking distance is a priority.
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote