View Single Post
Old 30th June 2022, 15:16   #7
Savestones
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
you say you have cleaned the pins did you add some rubber grease to the pins ?
I greased them with Brembo B-quiet grease, as I had that handy already. The pins moved fine through the caliper with the caliper off, but due to the thickness of the new pads the caliper doesn't really move back and forward when it's on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Looking at the caliper, I'd say a good clean of everything is in order, I expect the piston will have picked up some rust.
Cleaned all the contact points except for the piston, did not consider it picking up rust. Will do that next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati750cc View Post
Have you still got the old pads ?

What was the wear pattern like on the friction material on the old pads in that caliper. were the friction faces parallel with the pad back plate, like they should be or tapered top to bottom ?
Don't have the old pads anymore, but as far as I remember the old disc did not have this pattern of wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati750cc View Post
Were all the contact, sliding, mounting surfaces cleaned back to bare metal ?
Yes. I forgot to mention this in the first post, and the outside of the carrier and caliper don't look so great, but I did clean the parts of the carrier and caliper that make contact with the brake pads to bare metal before greasing them up. Lifting the caliper up a bit when it is bolted done with the guide pins does suggest that the brake pads are nice and loose from both the carrier and caliper.

Could this be caused by air in the left-rear brake hose, causing the piston to push out a bit less then on the other 3 wheels? Might think too easy on this, but I think the brake fluid is due for a change anyway.

Last edited by Savestones; 30th June 2022 at 15:18..
Savestones is offline   Reply With Quote